Mitsui Bussan Chemicals Co., Ltd. recognizes that the protection of personal information is an important social responsibility and has established the following personal information protection guidelines for handling, controlling, and maintaining personal information.
Personal Information Protection Guidelines
1. Acquiring, Use and Provision of Personal Information
When acquiring, using, and providing personal information, we recognize the importance of protecting personal information and deal with all such information in an appropriate manner. We will not use personal information in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or unlawful activities.
2. Implementation of Safety Measures
We maintain an optimum system for stringently controlling personal information, and by building logical safety control measures as mentioned in the “Handling of Personal Information 4.”, we have developed thorough preventative and corrective policies against the illegal access to personal information, as well as the loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
3. Implementation of Continuous Improvement
We have established a management system for the protection of personal information, and while implementing and maintaining the program, we make regularly reviews of the program as part of our efforts for continuous improvement.
4. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
When handling personal information, we comply with all laws and other regulations regarding the protection of personal information, as well as all guidelines the government makes.
April 1, 2023
Sunao Hatta, President
Mitsui Bussan Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of Use
We (or “MBC”) will use personal information we collect on this website for the following purposes.
Personal Information about the Customer
- Identity confirmation and personal certification of customers
- Shipment of products, invoices, and prizes to winners for campaigns in which customers participated
- Customer inquiries, inquiries, complaints, repairs, support, confirmation, and records
- Improvement and development of product and other services
- Improvement of customer experience in our digital services (e.g., websites)
Personal Information on Business Partners (in the case of corporate clients, their officers, and employees)
Conclusion and execution of contracts, and conduct and management of any other transactions related to our business (including
shipment of products, samples and invoice)
- To provide information related to our business (including seminars and lecture meetings)
- Inquiries, complaints, support, confirmation, and records
- For communications related to our business, and in correspondence, greetings, and other acts of general etiquette
- To exchange information and communicating with industry and organizational stakeholders related to our business
- Any other activities related to or incidental to the above purposes
- Conclusion and execution of contracts, and conduct and management of any other transactions related to our business (including
2. Providing Personal Information to a Third Party
We will not provide the personal information we collect on this website to a third party except for the following cases :
When we obtain the prior consent of you.
When we are required by laws and regulations to provide personal information.
3. Shared Usage of Personal Information
We may share the personal information of our customers and business partners as follows.
- Personal Information :
- Company name, department, position, address, name, zip code, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.
- Scope of Joint Users :
- MBC, our parent company Mitsui & Co., Ltd., its affiliated companies included in its financial statements and companies engaged in Original Equipment Manufacturing of our services.
- Purpose of Use :
- Shared use shall be made within the scope of the purpose of use stated in 112 above.
- Name, Address, and Representative of the Company Responsible for the Management of Personal Data :
- Mitsui Bussan Chemicals Co., Ltd. (Click here for our representative and address )
4. Matters Concerning Safety Management Measures
We will take necessary and appropriate safety management measures to control personal data, such as preventing leakage, loss, or damage. We will also conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and contractors (including subcontractors) handling personal data. The Rules on Personal Information Protection separately stipulate specific measures for the management of personal data. The main items are as follows.
- Establishment of Personal Information Protection Guidelines
- In order to ensure the proper handling of personal data, we have established a Personal Information Protection Guidelines with respect to "compliance with relevant laws and guidelines" and "contact points for questioning and complaint processing."
- Development of Disciplines on the Handling of Personal Data
- The Rules on Personal Information Protection have been established for each stage, including acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, and disposal, with respect to the handling methods, responsible persons in charge, handling persons in charge, and their duties.
- Organizational Safety Management Measures
- We have appointed a responsible person in charge of the handling of personal data, clarified the scope of personal data handled by employees handling personal data, and established a system to report to the person in charge of any violation of the Personal Information Protection Law or the Rules on Personal Information Protection.
- Each organization conducts periodic self-inspections of the status of the handling of personal data, and Office of the Chief Privacy Office conducts audits.
- Human Security Management Measures
- We regularly alert employees and provide them with training on matters to be noted regarding the handling of personal data.
- Matters concerning the confidentiality of personal data are described in the Employment Regulations and written pledges are submitted by employees
- Physical Safety Management Measures
- In areas where personal data is handled, we control the entry and exit of employees and restrict devices, etc. brought in, and take measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal data.
- In addition to taking measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, and documents that handle personal data, measures are taken to prevent personal data from being easily identified when transporting such equipment, electronic media, etc., including transportation within business sites.
- Technical Safety Management Measures
- Access control is implemented to limit the scope of person in charge and personal information databases handled.
- We have introduced a mechanism to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized access from outside sources or from unauthorized software.
Personal Information Protection on Our Website
Our website may provide links to other websites that are not managed by us. We do not make any guarantee with respect to the content of, or control of personal information on such websites. For any questions, directly inquire the managers of such websites.
The technique of recording and managing customers' information using our website on computers and application software is called "Cookie." Our website uses some cookies to make them more convenient for our customers. This cookie does not provide anything that can be used to identify individuals.
3. Track of Visits
To prevent personal information provided by customers from being stolen by a third-party during data transmission, our website employs Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) as a coding method for protecting personal information or take other measures whose safety level is equivalent to that of SSL.
Consultation Desk / Procedure Method
Mitsui Bussan Chemical Co., Ltd.,
Personal information consultation
1-Chome,Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6811,
1 1We will promptly respond to requests from the owners of personal information for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion, etc. of their own personal data in an appropriate manner. If you would like to disclose, change or delete your personal information, please let us know below by mail first. Please note that, in order to send the "Request for Disclosure etc. Request" correctly, we ask that you send us a postcard or letter.
- <Items to be written on postcards and sealed letters>
- Address and name of the recipient of the "Request for Disclosure etc. Request "
- Please simply indicate that you wish to send a "Request for Disclosure etc. Request"
- <Postcard and postal address>
- Please mail to the above consultation desk
2 2Based on the above communication, we will send you a "Request for Disclosure etc. Request Form" and "Instructions".
3 3Please fill in the "Request for Disclosure etc. Request" with the necessary information, enclose the "Document for your identification" based on the "Instructions", and sends them by mail to our consultation desk.
4 4After confirming the contents of the request, we will reply by mail.
* Depending on the content of the disclosure etc., a fee may be charged.
* In the case of a request for disclosure etc. by an agent, please attach a power of attorney from the principal and enclose it in accordance with the "Instructions".